[cups.general] Adding option of user codes when printing toadvanced printer

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 06:31:52 PDT 2007

If the printer is a Ricoh, Lanier, NRG, Savin, Infotec, or Gestetner, it
is easy. Take the appropriate PPD from the printer database on the
OpenPrinting web site (www.openprinting.org) and set up the CUPS queue
with this PPD. If your CUPS server does not have foomatic-rip installed,
install foomatic-rip as shown on

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/Database/CUPSDocumentation

in step 4.

Now you have special options to send the user code. See

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/Database/RicohFAQ

    Till