[cups.general] Just an FYI on cups 1.2.x on OS X; tweak to get fink compilation (i.e. kde) to work

James Dunlop dunlops at verizon.net
Fri Mar 30 06:23:19 PDT 2007

Dear Cups,
   I love the fact that you provide updated binaries for OS X;
needed to point to some non-standard ports (to ssh tunnel)
and the 1.1 version on os x didn't recognize the port number.

One minor issue:
http://marc.info/?l=fink-users&m=116546379007100&w=2

Quoting:

Looks like the /usr/bin/cups-config in their package breaks libtool.  It
contains:

LIBS="-framework CoreFoundation -framework Security -lz -lpthread
- -framework CoreFoundation "

....which libtool wants to be:
LIBS="-Wl,-framework,CoreFoundation -Wl,-framework,Security -lz
- -lpthread -Wl,-framework,CoreFoundation "

if you replace that line, kde will build

Can we get this fixed in the next cups version dmg?
Cheers,
   James Dunlop