[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2271: Log rotation rotated a character device

Ryan Lovett bugs at spacecoaster.org
Thu Mar 1 14:24:54 PST 2007

[STR New]

On MacOS X 10.4, I set the AccessLog to /dev/null to disable access
logging. CUPS rotated /dev/null to /dev/null.0. CUPS should probably not
rotate character devices. Alternatively, it'd be nice if there were
configuration options to disable any of AccessLog, ErrorLog, or PageLog.

I can set MaxLogSize to 0 but that would disable rotation of ErrorLog and
PageLog.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2271
Version: 1.1.23