[cups.development] trying to create simple script backend....seems to work...sort of

wtautz wtautz at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 7 13:57:06 PST 2007

basically did:

create: test in the backends directory of cups (strangely enough cups
does not list
it when I run lpinfo -v?) called simple

simple:

#!/bin/bash

env >/tmp/simple.$$

exit 0

It seems to work on occasion, i.e., I sometimes get a file created but
repeated runs of sending a file results in nothing, that is, no file in
tmp appears.
I created a print queue like
lpadmin -E -p test -v 'simple://localhost:631/whatever' -m raw

but I keep getting Destination simple is not accepting jobs.

My objective is to actually see the environment variables.... not
actually do anything with
the printdata, yet...

walter