[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2274: Misleading comment in default configuration

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Mar 12 07:40:47 PDT 2007

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

We can argue semantics all we want, but at some level (even with password
authentication) there is a certain level of trust about the incoming user
ID. Rather than putting all comments in the conditional (and making the
comments read like a legal agreement), I'd rather just leave things
unchanged so that the spirit is preserved.

In short, the comment is not there as authoritative documentation, just as
a hint about what the limit section is for.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2274
Version: 1.2.8
Fix Version: None