[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2180: Type42 font rendered incorrectly

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 12:40:40 PDT 2007

Hi Mike. I looked for a way to add a comment to a closed bug report,
but as I failed, I'm writing you directly.

Your suggestion of reporting upstream doesn't seem relevant as it was
reported in this bug report that the latest version of ghostscript
does not exhibit this bug. Thus it appears that the problem lies in
that the cups gs version has not pulled over recent ghostscript code
that fixes this problem. It seems like this is a classical case of
"not my problem". It is not ghostscript's problem as they have already
solved it, and it is not cups ghostscript problems as they are just
pulling over ghostscript... The end result is that the functionality
does not work. :-(

So I guess I'll just have to wait another couple of years for cups
ghostscript to get synched or look into it myself.

Regards,
Dov