[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2180: Type42 font rendered incorrectly

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Mar 14 13:37:22 PDT 2007

Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> Hi Mike. I looked for a way to add a comment to a closed bug report,
> but as I failed, I'm writing you directly.
>
> Your suggestion of reporting upstream doesn't seem relevant as it was
> reported in this bug report that the latest version of ghostscript
> does not exhibit this bug. Thus it appears that the problem lies in
> that the cups gs version has not pulled over recent ghostscript code
> that fixes this problem. It seems like this is a classical case of
> "not my problem". It is not ghostscript's problem as they have already
> solved it, and it is not cups ghostscript problems as they are just
> pulling over ghostscript... The end result is that the functionality
> does not work. :-(
>
> So I guess I'll just have to wait another couple of years for cups
> ghostscript to get synched or look into it myself.

Well, since all new development is happening in GPL Ghostscript (i.e.
ESP Ghostscript will be going away), we are not investing a lot of
effort into fixing bugs that (quite frankly) most users just won't
see.

Hopefully the next release of GPL Ghostscript will include all of
the CUPS support stuff (at a minimum) so that we can all use the
most recent version, not the last ported version.