Always rotate portrait page to landscape for rasterfilter

Johan Henselmans johan at netsense.nl
Sun Mar 18 22:21:46 PDT 2007

> Johan Henselmans wrote:
> > Is there a way (eg a postscript command or an option) to
> > automatically rotate the page before it gets to my filter so that I
> > would get a 8x3.25 or a 576x234 pagesize to my filter, so that I
> > don't have to rethink my filter completely?
>
> No, however you might report this bug to the Apple folks - the
> apps should be defaulting to the width and height specified in
> the imageable area, not what they think is the correct orientation.

I have thought of that too. It is mysterious. Sometimes Page Setup in an application will accept a 8x3.25 as portrait, and the next time it will 'assume' that it is a landscape page.

Anyway, waiting for Apple to fix the bug is not possible in my time schedule.

> Aside from that, you may just need to include code in your filter to
> read the entire page into memory (fortunately your pages aren't that
> large) and then step horizontally or vertically as you process each
> line.

That was exactly what I was trying to prevent ;-)

So, back to the drawing board...