Regarding STR #2231

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Mon Mar 19 09:53:21 PDT 2007

Philippe,

(the one who submitted STR #2231 and created the nifty little shell script to let ImageMagick create localized buttons for the web interface), thank you very much for your very nice and well working script. I'm sure it will be utilized by many other projects and people in their own modified version when they are in need to translate this kind of stuff for their websites.  :-)

You wrote in http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2231

  "I did not find a way to generate an image from scratch with convert."

Here is how I do it (and it also works with ImageMagick 6.2.3, see STR #2299):

  for i in gif jpeg png pdf; do
      convert \
        -size 480x128 \
        xc:transparent \
        -font Bookman-DemiItalic \
        -pointsize 108 \
        -draw "text 35,90 'pipitas'" \
        -channel RGBA \
        -gaussian 0x8 \
        -fill red \
        -stroke darkred \
        -draw "text 30,82 'pipitas'" \
        fuzzy-pipitas.${i}
  done

This doesn't need a 1x1 dummy graphic as input to make ImageMagick's convert tool create image and PDF files.