Windows Cups Deamon?

dalton calford dalton.calford at gmail.com
Tue May 1 19:37:10 PDT 2007

I was wondering if there is a version of cups that I can install on windows, that publishes the installed local windows printers to any cups clients?

I am hoping that such an animal exists and that it emulates a postscript printer for any linux machines.

As many vendors do not support their printers under linux, and the lack of documentation makes it very hard to write our own, it would be helpful if we can create a windows based bridge that allows us to send postscript to the machine and have it print it using the native print drivers.

I am hoping that this has already been done as it seems to be a very obvious method to migrate people over to linux (especially when some end users refuse to give up their local printers).

Thanks in advance

Dalton