How to correctly submit a JOB with Event Subscription via IPP

Gustavo Carreno gcarreno.pt at gmail.com
Fri May 4 06:27:44 PDT 2007

Hi there,

I'm currently working on a company project that involves using IPP communication with a CUPS server.

I've done all the RFC reading and got a nice little ipp class that can do quite allot: get printer attributes, print job, get job attributes, get jobs, etc..

I'm stuck on the subscription sequence for a print-job operation. I'm doing:
version(1.1)
operation(IPP_PRINT_JOB)
request-id(1)
tag-operation
tag-charset(attributes-charset = utf-8)
tag-language(attributes-natural-language = en_US)
tag-uri(printer-uri = ipp://forest/)
tag-name(notify-subscriber-user-name = username)
tag-uri(notify-recipient-uri = ipp://client/)
tag-keyword(notify-events = job-completed)
tag-charset(notify-charset = utf-8)
tag-language(notify-natural-language = en_US)
0x03

On the error_log all the notify- get shown, but the notify-recipient-uri, and all the events are shown as ignored.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance !!

Gustavo Carreno