Encryption

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue May 8 02:30:04 PDT 2007

> > On the matter of documentation, I think there should be some CUPS
> > HOWTO on how to configure encryption and what to expect. Was this
> > what the file ENCRYPTION.txt was for, before 1.2?
>
> Basically, yes.  Feel free to file a feature request for more
> documentation, and include a list of the things you'd like to see
> covered.
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Document Software          http://www.easysw.com

What you've written in your reply above is excellent start at an overview or HowTo document about encryption, or would make an excellent addition to the 'Server Security' or other suitable document - I will spend some time experimenting with and digesting it. If you were to add the above to the forthcoming (I hope!) second edition of your CUPS book, I'm sure I'd buy a copy!

John A. Murdie