zebra labelprinter does not print smoothly

Guido Royakkers groyakkers at ysl.nl
Tue May 8 06:13:27 PDT 2007

We have a cups problem (OS Suse SLES9 SP3). When printing labels (we use the application SAP and the application sends the labels one by one) on a zebra labelprinter (Z4Mplus), the printer stops after every print, “resets” itself  and starts printing the next label.
Especially when users want to print a lot of labels, this is annoying for them. Part (definition of a zebra labelprinter) of /etc/cups/printers.conf:
<Printer shz2>
Info
Location
DeviceURI socket://192.168.10.8:9100
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>
On Suse SLES8 we print with LPRng and that gives no problem. Part of /etc/printcap:
shz2:\
        :cm=lpdfilter method=raw color=no:\
        :lp=192.168.10.8%9100:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/shz2:\
        :lf=/var/spool/lpd/shz2/log:\
        :af=/var/spool/lpd/shz2/acct:\
        :ar:force_localhost@:\
        :tr=:cl:lk:sh:
Is there a method for cups (Suse SLES9) or special setting for printing smoothly?