Printer class dissapears

angelb angelb at bugarin.us
Wed May 9 14:02:15 PDT 2007

Hello all.

I've started to investigate how printer class works and have come run
across a minor issue. I want to know if anyone else have seen this in
1.2.

Having admin rights, I first login to the web interface and from
there, I accessed Administration and then "Add Class". Creating the
printer class was simple and straightforward.

Now, I happened to closed my browser and then later opened another.
Here is where this mistery of the dissapearing class occurs.

>From the web interface, I clicked on the Classes tab. It promptly
listed the the printer class I created initialy. Now, I then click on
the "Administration" tab and entered my authentication.

I then clicked on "Manage Classes" and it came back with a "Search in
Class" and "No classes." message and my printers class is not listed
anymore. However, if I closed my browser and opened another and then
access the Classes tab, my printers class reappears.

Is this some kind of error in my config? Again, this is my first to
play with printer Classes so I could have done something CUPS don't
like...

Any idea?

Thanks,
Angel