ACL doesn't work but I don't know why

Jason treehunter06 at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 11:51:05 PDT 2007

I have CUPS 1.2.10, I'm a decently experienced Linux user, and I have setup cups many times before, but for some reason this version is very different. After setting it up, I couldn't access it through localhost:631 as many people post, unlike them I knew to go to the config and change some privileges and it worked fine. I installed my printer and my printer works. Heres where the problem occurs. I then wanted to add this computer to another via ipp i guess or w/e, I kept changing privileges in the config assuming I was doing something wrong. Finally after going the the log files I find this error message, Unable to set ACLs on root certificate "/var/run/cups/certs/0" - Operation not supported. I have ACL installed I check that, I'm not sure exactly how ACL works and all that jazz, but I'm stumped at this point, can someone help me out, I really need network printing.