[cups.general] lexmark 1000 - no output on ubuntu

Klaus nospam at gr7.com
Mon May 14 05:41:46 PDT 2007

Helge Blischke schrieb:

> If the locale is the problem (sorry, I should have thought of this
> when looking through the log statements), you could edit
> the /etc/init.d/cups (or wherever this startup file resides on ubuntu)
> and force
>     LANG=C; export LANG
> there before spawning cupsd. Then all of the CUPS processes
> will run  under "C" as the standard locale, independent of the
> current user's localization.

At the moment there is no change after inserting the line. Will have a
look on the error logs later today.
What I notice is a really long time while the files are processed. Its
over a minute and in the meantime it seems that the parallel port is
occupied. I get this error in CUPS when I add a new job or try to cancel
a actual job (by the way - the printer-job-window of gnome crashes when
I try to open the properties in during this time): NewLexmark Parallel
port busy; will retry in 30 seconds...

Regards Klaus