Stopping browse listening but not broadcast

Paul Raines raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon May 14 14:49:22 PDT 2007

On my printer server, I don't want cups on it getting printers for its list from anywhere else but what is in printers.conf.  But I want it broadcasting those local printers so clients can see them.

The comment in cupsd.conf for Browsing says:

# Browsing: whether or not to broadcast and/or listen for CUPS printer
# information on the network.  Enabled by default.

But seems to only take On or Off.

How do I turn of it listening for CUPS printers but still keep it broadcasting the local defined printers?