[cups.general] lexmark 1000 - no output on ubuntu

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue May 15 01:48:02 PDT 2007

Michael Sweet wrote:
> Klaus wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I had now a look at my error log and it shows that things does not
>> work as supposed. It seems as if my line: LANG=C; export LANG has not
>> the desired effect?
>> I notice that in the error log there is sometimes lang=de_de but
>> lang=es_es too. Perhaps it comes in another language when I print the
>> test-page from cups (user=guest) or another text from my account
>> (user=klabog)??
>

> The LANG value for jobs and other requests comes from the user
> request, which comes from their own language preference.  The only
> time we use the scheduler's LANG environment variable is when running
> things like cups-polld that have no corresponding user request.

Thanks for the clarification, Mike.

What can be done to prevent e.g. Perl scripts from using a
decimal comma instead a decimal point when creating PostScript
stuff is to insert the statement

	$ENV{LANG} = "C";

near the beginning of the script. With C or C++ programs,
it is a little bit trickier.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke