[cups.general] lexmark 1000 - no output on ubuntu

Klaus nospam at gr7.com
Thu May 17 14:31:03 PDT 2007

Till Kamppeter schrieb:
> Klaus wrote:
>> That is the output I get in CUPS:
>>
>> NewLexmark-74      Test Page      klabog      19k      Unbekannt
>> beendet um
>> Do 17 Mai 2007 22:34:58 CEST
>
> The CUPS queue
> is not relevant here, as the commands I have given you do not send the
> data to CUPS but directly to the printer.

Yes, I know, but I tried the testpage afterwards and gave you the ouput
of CUPS, to see that the job is done, but no ouput on printer.

> Can you do
>
> sudo cancel -a
> sudo killall -9 parallel
> sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys stop
> rmmod lp
> rmmod ppdev
> rmmod parport_pc
> rmmod parport
> modprobe ppdev
> modprobe lp
> ls -l /devlp0
>
> and post the output here.
>
> After that try the command swhich I have given to you again.

klabog at cruces:~$ sudo cancel -a
Password:
klabog at cruces:~$ sudo killall -9 parallel
parallel: Kein Prozess beendet
klabog at cruces:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys stop
  * Stopping Common Unix Printing System: cupsd
   [ OK ]
klabog at cruces:~$ rmmod lp
ERROR: Removing 'lp': Operation not permitted
klabog at cruces:~$ sudo rmmod lp
klabog at cruces:~$ rmmod ppdev
ERROR: Removing 'ppdev': Operation not permitted
klabog at cruces:~$ sudo rmmod ppdev
klabog at cruces:~$ sudo rmmod parport_pc
klabog at cruces:~$ sudo rmmod parport
klabog at cruces:~$ sudo modprobe ppdev
klabog at cruces:~$ sudo modprobe lp
klabog at cruces:~$ sudo ls -l /devlp0
ls: /devlp0: No such file or directory
klabog at cruces:~$  sudo ls -l /dev/lp0
crw-rw---- 1 root lp 6, 0 2007-05-17 23:22 /dev/lp0
klabog at cruces:~$ cc -O2 lx.c -o lx
klabog at cruces:~$ sudo -s
root at cruces:~# cat /usr/share/cups/data/testprint.ps | \
 > gs -q -sDEVICE=pbmraw -r288 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sOutputFile=- - | \
 > ./lx > /dev/lp0

Here I waited three minutes, then did ^C to exit.

Klaus