cannot print from adobe reader

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri May 18 07:14:12 PDT 2007

Richard wrote:

>>>helge,
>>>
>>>the printer is a Brother HL-1430, using the hl-1250 driver as suggested.
>>>
>>>i am not sure what you mean by: Post (an URL to) the PostScript file that your reader generates.
>>>
>>>how would i get this, by printing to a file? if so, i will upload something monday.
>>>

>>Yes, printing to file is just what I meant.
>>
>>Helge
>>
>>--
>>Helge Blischke
>>Softwareentwicklung
>>
>>H.Blischke at acm.org
>

> ok, here is a file dump of a pdf from adobe reader:
>
> http://www.btinternet.com/~rsworkman/test.ps
>
> does this help?

Your sample file specifies "HP Color Laserjet" as the target device, not
the "Brother HL-1430". That MIGHT be the cause of your problem, but I'm not sure.

You should get the proper PPD for your printer, and perhaps you need to install
a special wrapper to make it run as expected: see
	http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/cups_drivers.html
Hope this helps.

Helge

PS: From a PostScript point of view, your sample file is OK and prints well
(tested on a Xerox Phaser 7400)

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung