cups-pdf to local file (in w2k)

chris epicier seuchato at yahoo.de
Fri May 18 12:55:48 PDT 2007

Hi there

I have a suse 10.2 box, used the cups-pdf script from
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/17636.html

I can print out to pdfs say in /exports/share/pdf from anywher in the network crossplatform :-]. what I'd like to do is being able to print to a user selected destination/file such as

/home/groups/projects/xyz/The_very_name_of_the.pdf

path and file name should be selectable by the user.

On a laptop running w2k we have a "pdf"-printer (www.rumborak.de see 'produktives') that does exactly that. It uses ghostscript and redmon to do it. I would like to make this possible serverside. I guess all i'd need is the have the user select/input the filename on beforehand of printing through cups, but

how can I do that?

greetings
chris