Need some general config advice

tuxsun1 tuxsun1 at gmail.com
Sun May 20 14:34:19 PDT 2007

I have 2 servers and 1 HP LaserJet on the same LAN (subnet).
The Linux server has CUPS configured to send printjobs
to the HP LJet via a JetDirect connection, and printing
is working fine for clients of the Linux server.

I'm now trying to add (CUPS) printing to the Sun server and
here's where I need some help.

I'm not sure what's the best way to configure printing
from the Sun server.

1. Should I send all the printjobs to the Linux server and
   let the CUPS server on Linux manage all the printjobs?

2. Or, should the Sun server manage its own printjobs?

3. If I go with # 2, what about collisions if both servers
   are sending data to the printer at the same time?

Thanks in advance!

John