Sharing printers vs Seeing Shared printers

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon May 21 02:21:46 PDT 2007

Daniel Kasak wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Previously, as far as I remember, I was able to both shared printers
> connected to my system, AND browse shared printers on other systems.
>
> Now, it seems that I can do one or the other. In the admin section of the
> web config system, if I select 'show printers shared by other systems',
> it *de-selects* 'share published printers connected to this system'. Is
> this right? If so, is this temporary? I really liked the 'zero-
> configuration' aspect of having everything using IPP browsing and 'just
> working'.

Sounds like your cupsd.conf file is broken - what OS/distribution are
you using?

Also, what version of CUPS are you using?

The cupsd.conf file (which you can edit manually via the web interface,
too) needs to have (among other things):

     Browsing On
     BrowseAddress @LOCAL
     BrowseOrder allow,deny
     BrowseAllow @LOCAL

The last line can also be "BrowseAllow all"...