Sharing printers vs Seeing Shared printers

Kurt Pfeifle kurt.pfeifle at infotec.com
Tue May 22 02:42:21 PDT 2007

> Daniel Kasak wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > Previously, as far as I remember, I was able to both shared printers
> > connected to my system, AND browse shared printers on other systems.
> >
> > Now, it seems that I can do one or the other. In the admin section of the
> > web config system, if I select 'show printers shared by other systems',
> > it *de-selects* 'share published printers connected to this system'. Is
> > this right? If so, is this temporary? I really liked the 'zero-
> > configuration' aspect of having everything using IPP browsing and 'just
> > working'.
>
> Sounds like your cupsd.conf file is broken

I don't think so.

I've seen this as well, very recently on a CUPS 1.2.11, but had no time so far to reproduce.

Will do so tonight and prepare a bug report that I can submit by tomorrow. AFAIR, this happened when I played with the web interface, and started off with the default cupsd.conf that is offered there....

Cheers,
Kurt

--
Kurt Pfeifle