Workaround for text file printing bug

Joe D. Trent jtrent at bighamtakeoutbrothers.com
Tue May 22 07:30:32 PDT 2007

Hi,

I posted a problem (a reported bug, I think) with Cups version 1.2.10 on
Fedora Core 6, printing to HP postscript printers, where text lines of
more than 80 characters wrap, even if I make the print size smaller and
specify: -o wrap=false

I'm trying to work around it. I can use enscript to format and print
correctly, but I can't change the papertray from the default even if I
use: enscript -Ssetpapertray:3 foo.txt

I've tried the following:

enscript --no-header --font=Courier-Bold6.5/10 -p- /tmp/inv | lp -d
HP4101 -oPageSize=Legal -oInputSlot=Tray3

It prints fine except that the -o parameters that normally work are
ignored and I get letter size paper out of tray 2.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe