[cups.general] Job NOT being filtered

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed May 23 09:44:59 PDT 2007

Hi Stefan,

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 12:27:54PM -0400, Stefan Adams wrote:

> > # cat skeleton
> > #!/usr/bin/perl
> > $|=1;
> > open TMP, ">/tmp/skeleton.tmp";
> > print TMP qx{date};
> > close TMP;
> > exit 0;
> >

> > The only difference between your CUPS install and mine is that I'm
> > currently running CUPS 1.2.4. Sorry, I couldn't be of anymore help.
> >

> I really appreciate you duplicating my test at your location!
> Thanks also for the log snippet.  It's great to be able to see
> what's going on with filters!  That really helps!!
>
> So strange that mine just will NOT do it...  I am running a
> Mandriva RPM, so I'll try now with a straight CUPS install and post
> back the results.

I've seen some people report problems when trying to execute some
of my own backends, and most of the time it was because of SELinux
which prevented them to run, and removing it made them run.

Maybe you should look this way.

NB : I don't know anything about SELinux, so maybe it wouldn't prevent
filters from running, only backends, or maybe it's possible to
configure it so that it allows the execution of the backends or filters,
or maybe... I should read the doc :-)

bye

Jerome Alet