No Printer Returned

Kurt Pfeifle kurt.pfeifle at infotec.com
Fri May 25 08:57:42 PDT 2007

> Hey guys,
>
> I just installed the printer drivers for a network printer but for some reason when i do the
> rpcclient localhost -U root -c 'enumprinters'
> but it gives the error of "No Printers Returned"
>
> Here is my printers.conf file. Do I need anything else?
>

> <Printer SSO4350>
> Info SSO HP 4350 printer
> DeviceURI socket://10.10.10.10
> State Idle
> Accepting Yes
> JobSheets none none
> QuotaPeriod 0
> PageLimit 0
> KLimit 0
> </Printer>

rpcclient talks to Samba. Are you wanting to use Samba as a means to share your CUPS printers to Windows clients?

If yes, you need to set this up in the Samba configuration, smb.conf and elsewhere.

See also

  --> http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/classicalprinting.html
  --> http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/CUPS-printing.html

If you just want to see the printers installed on a CUPS server, run this command from any CUPS client (Unix, Linux, Mac OS X):

  lpstat -h cups_server -p

Cheers,
Kurt

--