Can't Make LPD Print Raw

Adam Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Fri May 25 22:52:26 PDT 2007

I've had an older CUPS server for ages, and I just updated to 1.2.x

Only now I can't get LPD jobs to print raw.  Jobs come to cups via LPD from an AIX box running a COBOL application;  using cups-lpd,  then CUPS sends them to the printers.  Only it adds a banner and screws up the print jobs.

I've got -
application/octet-stream  application/vnd.cups-raw 0
 - uncommented in mime.convs and -
application/octet-stream
 - uncommmented in mime.types

It is receiving jobs via cups-lpd just fine;  it is just mucking with them, which I need to stop.

Any assistance would be much appreciated, it has been a long night.