Problems in recognizing Postscript with the Cups Windows Driver

Andrè Döking doeking at aekwl.de
Mon May 28 06:50:14 PDT 2007

> Hello!
>
> We've successfully installed Cups on CentOS / RedHat. Also we are using the Cups Windows Drivers 6.0.
>
> All documents printed via Windows to the Unix Printserver were only count with one page and were recognize as "application/vnd.cups-raw" corresponding to the error.log file in debug mode.
>
> I can't understand why the printed documents are not recognize as postscript cause the used Cups Windows driver is a postscript driver. So the output of the printer sending to the Cups Printserver should be Postscript.
>
> How could this problem be solved?
>
> Yours sincerely
>
> Andrè Döking
> Ärztekammer Westfalen-Lippe

Hello!

I could catch one spool file from a client from the spool folder of the Cups Server. It seems to be, like expected, a Postscript file.

%!PS-Adobe-3.0
%cupsJobTicket: job-hold-until=no-hold
%cupsJobTicket: job-sheets=none,none
%!PS-Adobe-3.0
%%Title: (Microsoft Word - Prozessmodelle der \304KWL auf Basis von iGrafx - User Guide V1.2.doc)
%%Creator: PScript5.dll Version 5.2.2
%%CreationDate: 5/28/2007 15:28:28
%%For: root
%%BoundingBox: (atend)
%%Pages: (atend)
%%Orientation: Portrait
%%PageOrder: Ascend
%%DocumentNeededResources: (atend)
%%DocumentSuppliedResources: (atend)
%%DocumentData: Clean7Bit
%%TargetDevice: (HP Color LaserJet 4500) (2014.200) 0
%%LanguageLevel: 2
%%EndComments

and so on ...

/Pscript_WinNT_Full /ProcSet findresource dup /terminate get exec
ehsave restore
%%Pages: 3
(%%[LastPage]%%) =
%%EOF

But the pages are still count with only "1" and the error_log report of cups still says it's a

"D [28/May/2007:19:25:30 +0200] [Job 16] envp[20]="CONTENT_TYPE=application/vnd.cups-raw"

output mime format. I use the normal mime.type file of cups.

The Cups version is 1.2.04.