More on wrapping text

Joe D. Trent jtrent at bighamtakeoutbrothers.com
Tue May 29 15:22:14 PDT 2007

Hi again,

CUPS, 1.2.10, Fedora Core 6, current updates.

CUPS wraps text >80 characters even when I tell it: -o wrap=false.

There was a suggestion to change the mime.convs text/plain line from
texttopaps to texttops. (and restart CUPS)

When I do that, the job sits in the queue and never prints. If I change
it back to texttopaps, the job prints, but it wraps. Changed it to
enscript and it didn't like that at all (bad parameter or something).

I'm running text files through enscript now. That works ok, but I can't
specify the tray, even using the enscript documentation recommendations
(enscript -Ssetpapertray:1 foo.txt).

Kind of at a loss. Suggestions?

Thanks again,
Joe

Hi,

I'm using version 1.2.10, just installed on new system, Fedora Core 6.
When I print a text file that has more than 81 characters on a line, it
wraps the line. I tried:

-o wrap=false

and that worked ok on lines with no white space. But it still wraps when
there are spaces in the text.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe