[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2381: Cups fails to print multiple >140Mb files

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Fri May 11 08:32:17 PDT 2007

[STR New]

See

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cupsys/+bug/114017

User reports:

After I send a large (> 140Mb) file through CUPS any large file I send
after that will fail to print with the warning:

   Request entity too large

I need to restart cupsys in order to send another large file.

To reproduce:

  header: printer header
  large_file: file > 140Mb
  other_file: file > 140Mb

  $ cat header large_file | lp -d DestinationPrinter -o raw
  request id is DestinationPrinter-1557 (1 file(s))
  $ cat header other_file | lp -d DestinationPrinter -o raw
  Request entity too large

The printer in question uses the LPR protocol to receive the information.

Additional remarks:

- User has neither LimitRequestBody nor MaxRequestSize set in his
cupsd.conf

- User has 64G free for /tmp and /var/*/cups/*

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2381
Version: 1.2.8