the function of quota doesn't works

fei scherj at 163.com
Sat May 26 19:26:24 PDT 2007

  I am a student in aa university. I found the the function of quota doesn't works in  linux system of red hat 9.0.The version of cups is 1.1.17 .
   When I input the command "lpadmin -p printer -o job-page-limit=3"(for example) ,but in the file of printers.conf,there is no any changes.So I use command "vi .../printers.conf" and change the value of PageLimit.But when I pirnt the job which over the page limit,the job still could be printed.
  I don't know if it's my fault or the cups.I hope you can tell me the answer.
   By the way,I download the cups-1.2.8-source.tar.gz from the /www.cups.org.Then I cancel the file "/usr/sbin/cupsd" and reboot.
Then I  use command " tar -zxvf cups-1.2.8-source.tar.gz" .Then " ./configure"  "make" "make install" .I want ask  wether it is works if I want use the cups of the version 1.2.8.
  Thanks very much if you can reply timely!!!