the function of quota doesn't works

Kurt Pfeifle kurt.pfeifle at infotec.com
Sun May 27 10:37:14 PDT 2007

> When I input the command "lpadmin -p printer -o job-page-limit=3"(for
> example) ,but in the file of printers.conf,there is no any changes.So
> I use command "vi .../printers.conf" and change the value of
> PageLimit.But when I pirnt the job which over the page limit,the job
> still could be printed.

CUPS will still print that one job that takes you across the PageLimit threshold. After that, jobs are rejected.

In other words, the new PageLimit is evaluated and compared to the current total count of pages *after* each job, not before. Only if a PageLimit is reached, new jobs will be rejected.

> Then I  use command " tar -zxvf cups-1.2.8-source.tar.gz" .Then
> "./configure"  "make" "make install" .I want ask  wether it is works if
> I want use the cups of the version 1.2.8.

This should work. (However, the *latest* CUPS is 1.2.11.) For the "make install" part you should be root.