Printing PCL from dos client to linux server

Peter B. Steiger wypbs.001 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 19:20:43 PDT 2007

> Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> *Which* Samba?
{blush} I hate it when people leave off crucial information like that.  That would be 3.0.26a.

> Which CUPS?
1.3.4

> You can also add a (additional?) "raw" queue to CUPS.

> tweak the rules in mime.types
>   to get it recognized as application/octet-stream

>  - Or add a line into the PPD of your printer that forces raw printing
>    for whatever mime type the auto-typing's verdict on the file was.

Excellent!  I actually tried messing with mime.types but I was just guessing at the way to approach it; this gives me the missing piece of the puzzle and several alternative methods if I can't get that to work.

Domo arigato.