CUPS and Zebra

Scott scott at eesco.com
Mon Nov 5 12:42:20 PST 2007

Hello,

I have been using Zebra 2844 and 2824 printers on OS X machines in the past with success by installing cups 1.2.x  (latest one I have tried is 1.2.12), and it works for both ethernet printing and usb.

I have tried it on 10.3.9, and I also have a 10.4.10 intel machine that was upgraded from 10.3.9 and cups was re-installed, and it seems to work fine on that too.

However, I have people telling me that they are not able to get cups to work on 10.5, and 10.4.10.

I just tried installing cups 1.3.4 on a 10.4.10 intel machine and it caused it not to boot.

I had another person install 1.2.12 on a 10.4.10 machine that has never had cups installed, and he said now the machine wont print anything.

So, what is the solution to install cups so I can get the zebra drivers (EPL II) under os x 10.4.10, and 10.5?

Thanks!