[cups.general] Printing multiple paper sizes via a single queue.

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Mon Nov 5 12:51:04 PST 2007

We have multiple printers which receive jobs from a Debian print
server running CUPs. We use Pykota for print accounting. Some
printers have trays with multiple paper sizes. In our case we have A4
and A3 paper.

If we have two queues one for A4 and one for A3 this results in an
additional choice for people when printing. For now we have opted to
have a print queue for each paper size.
It would be good to simplify the options when people print. Is there
a way to allow printing to both A4 and A3 sizes via a single queue
choice?

Finally, I am interested in how other people who are running print
accounting software are dealing with different paper sizes. Do you
have multiple queues for printing various sizes?

Any ideas regarding how people are generally dealing with this would
be great!

Thank you.