[cups.general] GUI - Adding a Feature

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Nov 5 12:55:36 PST 2007

Tony wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would anybody from the CUPS Development team be interested in adding
> an option to the CUPS GUI for us? We're interested in adding a
> "Release All Jobs" button which would be available for any created
> Class. Given our printer control dilemma, we are looking at
> submitting each printjob "on hold" to a Class. This way each job
> could be released AS NEEDED given we have several Classes which
> utilize the same exact printer resources (we need a way of
> controlling what docs print to which printers at any given time).
> However, it would be very tedious to have to release each job
> individually given there are so many. If we had a "Release All Jobs"
> option button on the GUI for our Classes, the users involved could
> release ALL held jobs at once.

You can submit a feature request here:

     http://www.cups.org/str.php

In the meantime, it should be relatively easy to use the Python or
Perl bindings (see the CUPS links page: http://www.cups.org/links.php)
to resume each of the held jobs for a particular queue, and then
link to it from the classes.tmpl file.