[cups.general] Printing multiple paper sizes via a single

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Tue Nov 6 14:53:10 PST 2007

Thank you for your reply. We are happy for people using the GUI to
click a few extra buttons, if result is fewer print queues. However,
we have not been able to get this working with OS X (10.4) clients.
If we select A3 in page setup and then print to a queue which has A4
as the default paper size, the job will come out on A4 paper (unless
the application is part of the Adobe CS2 suite).

I am guessing that we have somehow miss-configured the CUPS queue on
the server. If there are step by step instructions for creating a
generic postscript print queue which will accept both A4 and A3 jobs
then we would be interested.  We have just ordered the cups book in
the hope it will have some answers, or at least point us in the right
direction.

.....after further testing, I believe we have found the problem. We
were using a generic PPD. Changing this queue to RAW fixed the problem.

Thank you for the information and the ideas about why having separate
queues are a good idea, we will certainly take this into
consideration. I am sure the book will be helpful in future.

Thank you again for your help.