[cups.general] Unable to set page-limit

Jabka Atu mashrom.head at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 16:07:44 PST 2007

Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> Jabka Atu wrote:
>
>> Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> Can you please run (as root) this command and post the output?
>
>    acerium:/home/jabka# grep -E "Limit|Quota" /etc/cups/printers.conf
> QuotaPeriod 0
> PageLimit 1
> KLimit 0
> QuotaPeriod 0
> PageLimit 0
> KLimit 0
> QuotaPeriod 0
> PageLimit 0
> KLimit 0

it is strange sine i did lpadmin command .

>>> Go to the web interface: http://localhost:631/jobs
>>>
>>> Find the button/link to click on that shows the "completed jobs".
>>>
>>> What is the figure for the completed pages there for each job?
>>> (Should be displayed in an extra column for CUPS 1.2++ )
>>>

>> Hmm donno what you mean by that
>>

> I mean the column that has a heading of "Pages", sitting in between
> the "Size" and "State" headings...

Each one was from one page to n (any other number) but the most of them
is one page
> And I want to know if any job at all shows up with more than 1 page.
> (If not, this may indicate a problem with the backend filter, or may
> indicate raw printing only, which never counts more than 1 dummy page
> per job)....
>

>> so i uploaded it to sf as :
>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=181653&package_id=251658
>>

> Sorry, I don't want to download a binary called "cups", not even from
> Sourceforge, when I sit in front of a Windows machine.     :-)

sorry  i did not knew that there are dangers in PDF files (as you can
see if you do file pdf filename).

i thought it was better then sending the actual page to the list

p.s
sorry for my bad english

Could you at least use man ?
	Jabka Atu (aka mha13/Mashrom Head) || bsh83.blogspot.com