[cups.general] What user mangment system would you advise (

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed Nov 14 10:00:04 PST 2007

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 07:28:32PM +0200, Jabka Atu wrote:

> After few days trieng to find some sutable solution (i gave stfw to
> myself) i thought that i should ask for help :
> Iam searching for web based billing system for cups (To be as simple
> as possible).
> The problem is that i need one that stands under the DFSG (So i will
> be able to use that in my work : you can't redistrubte pykota deb
> files).
>
> I found pykota.com but i can't use it (Since  i will not be able to
> redestrubute it ).

This couldn't be farther from the truth.

Please give a look at the following page :

        http://www.pykota.com/purchase/

Especially the "Have the permission to redistribute..." paragraph.

It is clearly and explicitely allowed. If you're particularly interested
in Debian packages, you can also read this :

        http://www.mailarchives.org/list/debian-user/msg/2005/45012

To learn about the author's exact opinion on this matter.

That being said, PyKota won't suit your needs since it is not a web
based solution : it is mainly command line based, with web reports
and printing quotes. Some third party applications can be used as
a web based frontend to PyKota though...

Thank you for reading.

bye,

Jerome Alet