Problems with printing-Lanuage support and images

Daniel Akkerman danielakkerman at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 01:01:27 PST 2007

Hey,
My problem consist of the following:
CUPS works on my Linux system("Slax"), perfectly.
When printing unexquisitly, it all runs smoothly.
But here's the deal: Once, I've tried to print images loacted on one of my documents.Alas, that proved incongruous;since my printer outputted only the lines of text positioned below, and no more.
Also, I've recently started to study french.
I had to print documents with all the various symbols and accents;Dictated by the language.
In this case however, my printer removed the letters not present in the common latin alphabet, by other charachters such as: Commas, astricks, dots and so on.
Interestingly, when I was working in Windows, nothing of the kind had ever happened, and all was well.
Please help,
Thank you,
Thanks,
Daniel