Sharp AR-M620N with user account numbers.

Patrick Rady prady at new.org
Thu Nov 15 11:59:19 PST 2007

I am trying to use a Sharp AR-M620N in a multitenant environment. Users *must* enter their account number with print jobs. Windows and Mac users enter their code into a dialog box under printer preferences. The driver creates a PS or PCL file with some PJL commands at the start, including one to control accounting details on the photocopier:

@PJL SET ACCOUNTNUMBER="01253"

How can I get CUPS 1.3.2 to properly send this account number to the printer? Without it all I get is a notice page stating "Printing by unregistered account code is disabled by key operator programs."

I'm using CUPS 1.3.2 on Ubuntu 7.04.

This has been a real showstopper for us, preventing a smooth migration to Linux.

Thanks,

Patrick Rady