general performance

munroe msollog at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 20:45:25 PST 2007

We have an HP4100tn printer.  As a test document I have an 8page pdf.  When printing through a cups server (ubuntu, debian, OS X) the document will print in spurts (2 pages at a time).  When in windows using either the PCL or the PS driver all eight pages print continuously.  Any suggestions as to what I can investigate as to why this would be so?

I downloaded the newest ppd from cups.org.  I tested printing to a local cups server as well as a network cups server (dual 1ghz PIII), I'm out of ideas.