qprt -Bgn - CUPS equivalent

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Nov 16 05:38:32 PST 2007

angelb wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Does anyone know the equivalent CUPS option for the qprt -Bgn command
> used in AIX?
>
> qprt -Pricoh -Bgn file
>
> The -B option is used to mark the beginning and end of a print job
> with burst pages.
>
> Where:
>   Never print the (header or trailer) page.
>   Print the (header or trailer) page once for each print job (group of files).
>

> We have a number of AIX systems that will be converted to CUPS but have
> come across the -B option and, at the moment, I can't find any related
> option in CUPS.
>
> Any suggestion is appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
> Angel

You could try the alternate pstops filter which supports banner / trailer
pages (aka burst pages) printing via small PostScript routines. As this
filter in addition puts the job attributes (as far as known to
the filters) into the PS job, the PS code for tha banner pages could
easily evalueate the said options in order to print {som|no}thing.

Helge

NB: This filter is, BTW, currently being rewritten on the basis of the
CUPS 1.3.4 pstops filter.

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung