general performance

munroe msollog at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 16:49:37 PST 2007

> >>Please post (an URL to) your PDF file.
> >>
> >>Helge
> >>
> >>--
> >>Helge Blischke
> >>Softwareentwicklung
> >>
> >>H.Blischke at acm.org
> >

> > This is the pdf I am using:
> >
> > http://www.vyatta.com/download/whitepapers/Vyatta_Better_than_Cisco.pdf
> >
> > I don't really see how it matters, if I am using the same pdf across all scenarios.
>
> The PDF is OK; it contains nothing to slow down printing.
> And the printer provides a native level 3 PostScript interpreter.
>
> Couldit be a networking problem?
>
> Helge
>

> --
> Helge Blischke
> Softwareentwicklung
>
> H.Blischke at acm.org
I have tried cups from a 100meg link, that same machine booted windows prints very quickly, and I have tried wireless G through both a local cups server and networks cups server and the printing is slow.  I don't see how it can be a network issue.

To respond to the other poster:

I have tested windows printing with both the PCL driver and ths PS driver, both of them perform about the same (in windows).