AuthType failover?

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Mon Nov 19 13:02:09 PST 2007

John A. Murdie wrote:

> Might it be possible to have the new CUPS server accept connections
> from the laptops - all on the same subnet - and have some use AuthType
> Basic and some AuthType Negotiate, simultaneously?

Have you ever looked at the difference of the directives

Satisfy Any
Satisfy All

inside <Location> and <Limit> sections inside cupsd.conf ?

If not, see here:

http://localhost:631/help/ref-cupsd-conf.html?TOPIC=References&QUERY=Satisfy

Disclaimer: I've not yet tested this with multiple "AuthType" statements
(or it was long ago and I don't remember the results), but this may be
the way to try and achieve what you want.

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS