[cups.general] cannot print from adobe reader

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Nov 21 03:33:46 PST 2007

Karl Rößmann wrote:

> Hi,
> I still have the problem:

I've got a problem too:

you use a posting from Helge, which gave you this hint:

   'Your sample file specifies "HP Color Laserjet" as the
    target device, not the "Brother HL-1430". That MIGHT
    be the cause of your problem, but I'm not sure.'

and which suggested to you

   'You should get the proper PPD for your printer, and
    perhaps you need to install a special wrapper to make
    it run as expected: see
       http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/cups_drivers.html
    Hope this helps.'

Yet you still just repeat what your problem is without
even telling if or if not you tried what Helge suggested,
and what the results where....

Do you seriously expect anybody to come up with new pro-
posals for you if you don't even bother to give feedback
about previous ones ??

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS