[cups.general] What user mangment system would you advise (

Jabka Atu mashrom.head at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 07:02:51 PST 2007

I am sorry but miss understood the context :

On Nov 14, 2007 7:59 PM, Jerome Alet <alet at librelogiciel.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 07:28:32PM +0200, Jabka Atu wrote:
> >
> > After few days trieng to find some sutable solution (i gave stfw to
> > myself) i thought that i should ask for help :
> > Iam searching for web based billing system for cups (To be as simple
> > as possible).
> > The problem is that i need one that stands under the DFSG (So i will
> > be able to use that in my work : you can't redistrubte pykota deb
> > files).
> >
> > I found pykota.com but i can't use it (Since  i will not be able to
> > redestrubute it ).
>
> This couldn't be farther from the truth.
>
> Please give a look at the following page :
>
>         http://www.pykota.com/purchase/
>
> Especially the "Have the permission to redistribute..." paragraph.

When i read the next info :
:

    * Obtain a login name and password which will allow you an
unlimited access to all the restricted areas on this website.
Depending on the software being considered, these areas can contain
Official tarballs, Debian, Ubuntu, or RPM packages. PyKotIcon is even
available as a standalone MS Windows executable.
    * Have the permission to redistribute ALL the Official packages
you will obtain this way, on the express condition that you accept and
respect ALL the terms of the GNU General Public License

I understood that  you give your permison to to redistrubute it if you
got your copy using an account since :
this line
"obtain this way"

> It is clearly and explicitely allowed. If you're particularly interested
> in Debian packages, you can also read this :
>
>         http://www.mailarchives.org/list/debian-user/msg/2005/45012
>
> To learn about the author's exact opinion on this matter.
>
> That being said, PyKota won't suit your needs since it is not a web
> based solution : it is mainly command line based, with web reports
> and printing quotes. Some third party applications can be used as
> a web based frontend to PyKota though...
>
> Thank you for reading.
>
> bye,
>
> Jerome Alet

---------