can't set number of copies of windows xp client

Peter Michelis Peter.Michelis at gmx.de
Wed Nov 21 10:04:46 PST 2007

Hi!

I try to print to Epson Stylus Color 740 connected to a linux system via
usb from a windows xp system on a network. I connected the printer on
the windows system using the URL http://<ip>/printers/<printername>.

When I try to print more then one copy, I get something like "The
printer can't process the desired number of copies. Only 1 copy is allowed"

Any ideas why I can't print more the one copy of a document?

My linux system is Ubuntu 7.10 with cupssys-1.3.2-1ubuntu7.1. The
Windows System is Windows XP with SP2.

Thanks for your help

Bye
Peter