Printers Group - for Access Control

angelb angelb at bugarin.us
Wed Nov 21 12:34:54 PST 2007

Hello all.

Is there a way to delegate a number of printer queues to a specific
group only? In other words, if I have a server that serves printers
for accounting and marketing, can I delegate acctng group to administer
printers that belongs only to accounting and not have access to
printers in mktg?

This would almost look like the Classes feature. With Printers Group,
I would create a group, say Accntg, and add printers into that group
and assign users or groups authorized to make changes. This way, I
could setup access controls for multiple groups of printers so that
users or groups who belong in different departments can only see and
control what they are allowed.

At the moment, I have thousands of printer queues from different
departments and don't know of any way to do this.

I apologize if a simillar question has already been posted but I did
searched the forum and have not seen anything related.

Any idea or suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,
Angel